Next: Library Files
Up: OASIS Format
Previous: Characteristics of OASIS Output
Xic can very likely read any OASIS file that meets the published
specification. Exceptions should be reported as bugs!
- Properties are ignored, unless the name matches one of those
understood by Xic (see above). The file properties set an internal
variable but otherwise do nothing.
- The XNAME, XELEMENT, and XGEOMETRY records are ignored.
- The CIRCLE record will create a polygon object approximating a
circle, with the number of sides using the internal variable in
- The TRAPEZOID and CTRAPEZOID records will create a polygon object.
- The REPETITION records found in PLACEMENT records will define a
cell array if possible (i.e., represents a periodic Manhattan
configuration), otherwise individual cell instances will be created
and replicated. In <geometry> records, any REPETITION is
accepted, but the repetition is decomposed and separate objects are
created in memory.
Stephen R. Whiteley